Its been almost two years since I started sharing the books I read on my social media accounts; Instagram and Facebook. After reading a book I wanted to share my thoughts on that particular book so that anyone who’s looking for a new book might consider the book based on my thoughts. At that time I was still busy with school and I only read like 1 book in month and I was not active on social media. When I completed my degree, I got a bit of extra time and I started reading more books, thus I started sharing quite frequently. A few of my friends started asking me how was the book and stuff. So towards the end on the year 2016, I decided to start a blog of which I only managed to start at the beginning of the year in 2017.
Reasons why I started:
- I wanted to keep track of the books that I’ve read.
- I wanted a place where I can share my thoughts on the books I’ve read so that I can go back one day and check where my head was at, at that point in time.
- To share with ya’ll some of the books I like and maybe someone can be interested in that book and buy it.
- To encourage people to read more especially in my community.
- Find people I can fan-girl with, on a particular book or just to rant because its good to talk to people who’ve read the same book.
- Connect with other book worms and get book recommendations to add to my ever growing tbr.
I’ve been sharing books since then and I’ve actually met a few people who share the same sentiment as me on Instagram which is amazing. The community is growing especially in South Africa which is amazing. I try to share as frequently as possible. In preparation for that, I usually take pictures over the weekend for the following week, which helps me be prepared. I’ll still continue sharing books here and on Instagram as well, If you’re not following me already please do.
That’s it, I just wanted to share a few thoughts about why I started sharing about the books I read. I’d like to know some of your reasons, if you have bookstagram or blog.
For more book related, lifestyle and natural hair related posts, please do consider subscribing to my blog and if you’re on Instagram you can find me here.
Until next time, lets keep reading.