Lets stop procrastination and start working towards our goals
“A flower does not think of competing to the flower next to it. It just blooms.”
― Zen Shin
We have a lot of goals and dreams that never come to fruition and that is because of different reasons. One of the reason nothing happens is because we get lazy and we are scared of what might or might not be. With that we procrastinate and end up not starting anything.
At the beginning of the year we all come up with goals that we want to accomplish and now we are 4 months into the year, but the main question is: how far are you with your goals? I know how easy it is to keep postponing and not starting right away.
Last year I read “Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert” where she talks about creative living and how creative ideas come to us and for those ideas to come to fruition we need to welcome those creative ideas and start working on them. She points out that if you don’t take hold of that idea and nurse it, you loose it to someone else and its amazing how someone else starts working on the exact same idea we had. Thus the main idea for today’s post is for us to start working on our ideas and stop procrastinating.
Here are some of the tips I use:
- I break my goals into sub-tasks and work on those.
- I try to find motivation whenever I lack one.
- We need to understand that whatever we are working towards doesn’t need to be perfect but we just need to get it done. We can always work towards perfection once we’re done. So this is my motto to get things done and not perfect.
- I review my goals monthly and see how far I’ve come, where I can improve.
- I set a reward for myself once I’m done and it doesn’t need to be a big thing.
Those were my thoughts for today, please do share some ways on how you work towards your goals.
Let us not try to compete with anyone, rather just be ourselves. Lets be like flowers and just bloom.
Until next time;