January 17, 2018
TOP 18 BOOKS I WANT TO READ IN 2018
Hey friends, today I thought it would be fun to talk about books I hope to read in 2018. Of course, these are not the only books I want to read but those that I want to prioritize. Some of these books I’ve been meaning to read for quite some time but failed and this year they are a priority.
Before I ramble on some more, let’s just get started!
- You by Caroline Kepnes – One of my reading goals this year, is to read more thriller books. I’ve heard amazing things about this book and it’s being turned into a TV show or something this year. So I would like to get to it before I watch the show.
- To all the boys I’ve loved before trilogy by Jenny Han – This series I’ve been meaning to read for quite some time now. The only hindrance was the fact that I don’t own the first book rather the 2nd and last book. I still need to get the first book before starting the series.
- The Illuminae Files Series by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff – I was so captivated by the writing style of this book, its different and unique.
- This Savage Song by V. E. Schwab – This one I know nothing about, but I’ve heard so much about the author. This year I want to read books across different authors and I guess that’s why it’s on the list.
- More Than This by Patrick Ness – I’ve never read any Patrick Ness book and I would like to see his writing style. I know nothing about this book, but I guess it’s a good thing.
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor –It’s one of those books I bought because most bookstagram accounts I follow were raving about it.
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell – Okay, I think I might be the last one to read this book LOL. I’ve been meaning to read it for a while now but I never got to it. So 2018 is the year.
- Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo – Last year I read the six of crow’s duo-logy (my favourite series) and I realised that there is another series before it that takes place in the same universe. So I want to read more of this world and I think I would pick up anything by Leigh Bardugo, because I enjoyed her writing style.
- We are the ants by Shaun David Hutchinson– I don’t know much about this one, but I’ve read amazing reviews about it.
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini – This one has been on my list for the past few years. Last year, I read “A Thousand Splendid Suns” by the same author, which I adored, so I am hoping I’ll enjoy this one as well.
- Shatter me trilogy – I’ve been hearing mixed reviews about this one, but most people enjoyed it, so I want to read it for myself and see.
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber – The premise of this book sounds interesting and I’ve read amazing reviews about it.
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak – Most book lovers are raving about this book, so I figured it would be nice for me to read it.
- All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater – Another new author I would like to see if I enjoy her writing style
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr – I want to read more historical fiction this year, thus this book.
- On Writing by Stephen King – I usually see a lot of Stephen King’s books at bookshops, but I get intimidated by his books because they are long LOL. So I decided to pick this one because it’s a bit shorter.
- Wonder women by Leigh Bardugo – I don’t read much about superheroes, I guess it’s not really my thing. I only picked it up because of the author, I love her writing.
And that’s all!
HAVE YOU READ ANY OF THESE BOOKS? I’D LOVE TO KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS?
Let me know some of the books on your TBR for 2018!
Until next time,