EVERY HEART A DOORWAY || NON-SPOILER REVIEW
“You shouldn’t close doors just because you don’t like what’s on the other side.” —-Seanan McGuire
Today’s review is about a book I’ve been meaning to read for a while now.
Title: Every Heart A Doorway
Author: Seanan McGuire
Published: 5 April 2016
Genre: Fairy tale, Fantasy Fiction
This book follows a special school that was started by a woman named Eleanor, which only caters for certain types of children. These children have lived in different worlds. After some time, they are kicked out of these worlds for different reasons and are now back in the real world (confusing I know lol). Now they are forced to readjust to the real world. They have changed tremendously from these experiences and their families feel like they are no longer the same. This book starts when a girl named Nancy is starting off a t this school.
I divided this section into two sections, namely; pros and cons.
- The concept in general is fantastic. Reading about the different worlds was amazing.
- The author did a fantastic job in exploring the different worlds and explaining it in approximately 200 pages.
- I really enjoyed the diversity in the characters. The main character, Nancy is asexual. Another character is trans-gender (female to male). It was for the first time I read a book with such a character.
- I liked the plot and the mystery in the book.
- I enjoyed the relationships in this book.
- The book ended right after solving the mystery and it would have been nice to see what happens after the mystery is solved.
Overall, it was good, quick read and I believe a sequel to this book is out already.
Until next time