In today’s post we talk about a YA book “When Dimple Met Rishi”. This has been one of my most anticipated read. In this post I share my spoiler free review, let’s get to it.
Author: Sandhya Menon
Title: When Dimple Met Rishi
Published Date: May 30, 2017
This book follows the story of 2 main characters who are Indian-American; Dimple and Rishi, who recently graduated from high school. Dimple is very strong young woman, career oriented women who is going to attend a summer tech-camp. Rishi respects his parents and wants to please them at all times and he loves tradition. Dimple is the opposite; she wants to separate herself from her parent’s expectations. Rishi’s parents propose an arranged marriage and Rishi wants to honor their decision, because of the successful marriage his parents have. The girl he’s supposed to marry is Dimple, therefore he’s also sent to the tech-camp to meet Dimple.
Will Dimple be swayed into loving Rishi?
- I really enjoyed reading about a culture that I am not familiar with, which is a learning curve.
- The humor in this book is phenomenal. It’s natural and hilarious at times.
- I really enjoyed the passion of the main characters and it was easy to relate to.
- I really enjoyed the family aspect, a lot of times in YA books, families are not usually involved. Families were portrayed perfectly in this book. I feel like I say this a lot in my reviews but anyways it’s the truth.
- The pacing of this book is consistent, from beginning to the end. It’s a quick read.
- Some parts of the book were a little bit predictable for me, but I enjoyed this book nonetheless.
I highly recommend this book. If you’re in a reading slump it could help because its quick.
“This is our life. We get to decide the rules. We get to say what goes and what stays, what matters and what doesn’t.”
That’s pretty much it for my review, I hope you enjoyed it. Let me know down below, if you’ve read this book and what your thoughts are for this book.