September 28, 2017
SEPTEMBER WRAP-UP & OCTOBER TBR
Hello Book Lovers!!
I know it’s 2 days prior to month-end, but I know I won’t be reading anything in those two days, let alone finish it. Thus I decided to upload my September wrap-up earlier. I hope you guys had a wonderful reading month. My goal for September was to complete 3 books, yet I managed to complete 6 books. I decided to attempt a 24hrs reading challenge, from Saturday 23 (6pm) to Sunday 24 (6pm). I completed 2 books in this challenge and I was so proud of myself and I am planning on doing it again soon maybe towards the end of the year. Let me stop rambling!!!
Below is a list of books I read in the month of September:
- The Upside of unrequited – This book follows the story of a girl named Molly, who has had 26 crushes, yet she has never been in a relationship. I enjoyed this book a lot and you can check my review here.
- The hate you give – follows a girl named Starr, who is the only witness to murder and has to decide whether to come forward and talk about what happened. It is based on the black movement….I enjoyed this book a lot (check out my review here).
- Glass Sword – A sequel to Red Queen, which picks up exactly where Red Queen left off. Can I just say that this book ripped me apart, I had to take a break from reading when I finished this book. Check out my full review here.
- When Dimple met Rishi – It follows the story of 2 teenagers, Dimple and Rishi, who recently completed high school and their parents set them up for marriage. I couldn’t put this book down, I liked and my review is here.
- Year of yes – A story of Shonda Rhimes when she decided to embark in a journey of of saying yes for the entire year and how her life was changed. A good and hilarious read, check my review here.
- The yearning – It follows a story of a girl named Marubini, and how the past is slightly revealing itself. It was a slow paced book for me a t the beginning and I had to put it down for a couple of days but I enjoyed it at the end. My review is here.
I enjoyed all the books I read this month and most of them I gave 5/5 stars, but my favorites were: Then hate you give and Glass sword.
October is my birthday month, so I am going to be busy and I don’t want to set myself up for failure. Therefore, I plan to read 2 books this month (hopefully I finish them and read more LOL).
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
Please let me know in the comments below; how many books you read, which was your favorite and if you’ve read/plan to read any of the books mentioned above.
Hope you guys have a great reading month. Please don’t forget to follow so you don’t miss anything.